hemp pendant lamps.

April 6th, 2009 · 6 Comments

First, apologies for the lack of posting recently, wedding planning is consuming much of my waking life. Only 5 months to go! We’re getting married at a Civil War-era B&B farm that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad. It’s beautiful, and it even has a horse hotel — yes for $30/night your horse can sleep comfy, too. However, one of my main concerns for the wedding is the decorating. I want to keep it pretty simple but still have an oooh, ahhh element that will impress. I’ve been thinking about hanging paper lanterns in the tent and in the trees (and I still might), but when I saw these hemp pendant lamps — which cost a pretty penny to buy already made — handmade by Heika DeHart, I thought they’d be a great way to decorate in an outdoor environment. Of course I’ll modify the “lamp” with strands of lights and make them more outdoor-friendly, but you get the basic idea anyway.

dsc_8299

Aren’t they great!? If you want to make a hemp pendant lamp yourself, click here for full instructions! Have fun, and let me know how they turn out!

Posted by: kimberly phillips · Tags: design · interiors

• 1 rab // Apr 7, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’m curious as to how you would modify the “lamp” with strands. I’d prefer that!

• 2 kim // Apr 7, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Well, I haven’t made these yet, but I was thinking that there might be a away to weave the lights throughout the hemp. This would depend on how delicate the hemp is though. It also might be possible to bunch the lights together, maybe in a knotted clump and have them in the center of the lamp.

• 3 Nicole // Apr 7, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Ready Made has the same thing, basically — uses a balloon instead of a ball. Might be easier.

• 4 kim // Apr 8, 2009 at 7:43 am

ooohhh nice. i was actually thinking that a balloon would be easier. i’ll have to check it out!

• 5 Kim Cue // Nov 29, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Hello Function Key,
    We’d like to invite you to be an exhibitor at The International Cannabis & Hemp Expo 2010 on April 17th & 18, 2010 which is is a monumental public education event. These lights are great and we can talk more about these. The objective is to educate the public on the differences between industrial hemp and cannabis and then recreational cannabis vs. medical cannabis. Advance the industry.

We are the largest event of it’s kind and want your booth to be part of this event! We are having top of the line speakers, music and there’s over 120,000 sq ft of hemp & cannabis vendor space. We’ve been working for almost 3 years on this project and there are countless people on board. The sponsors and vendors are getting signed as we speak and space is limited and we are selling out FAST!

One thing that really makes this event unique is that we have two separate sides of our event: The Cannabis side and The Hemp side. The Cannabis side will have your specialty cannabis booths, mostly from the US – then on the Hemp side, we are bringing in the whole industrial sector.

I look forward to speaking to you more.

Best Regards,
    Kimberly Cue
    International Cannabis & Hemp Expo
    510-827-6848
    www.intche.org
    www.twitter.com/intche

• 6 con que se puede "pintar para protejerlas // Sep 6, 2013 at 9:05 pm

ya hice varias, me gustaría saber con que se pueden pintar para resguardarlas o colorear quice poner una foto y no me dejó gracias