oddly enough: bacon flavored diet coke.

October 21st, 2008 · 6 Comments

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed real? According to what I read on Bacon Today, Diet Coke with Bacon is part of a test range of new flavors for Coca-Cola. After observing customers at a self-serve test Coca-Cola fountain — where Diet Coke with Bacon was the clear favorite — the company decided to test market the product in Los Angeles. Um, yum?

diet coke with bacon

Posted by: kimberly phillips · Tags: Uncategorized

• 1 Paige // Oct 23, 2008 at 1:54 pm

They’ll probably distribute it in London. They love bacon there. They have chips (crisps) with flavors like bacon rashers. Also, slow roasted lamb with a side of mint sauce chips, prawn (shrimp) chips, peking duck chips and more. My friend Jessica and I laughed for an entire weekend in London about this. We went to every single store and bought all the flavors and then made her boyfriend taste test them with a blindfold on and guess the flavors. His favorite was prawn flavored crisps. The most heinous of them all.

• 2 kim // Oct 23, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Hahahahah! Someone sent me a comment that the can is photoshopped. And Ryan, my personal photoshopped/not photoshopped guru concurs . . . i couldn’t eat those chips, those are like all of my least favorite foods in one list. Seriously.

• 3 Mark Graves // Oct 24, 2008 at 9:37 am

• 4 Mark Graves // Oct 24, 2008 at 9:43 am

No one can confirm that this is real, because it is obviously fake.

• 5 jason // Feb 18, 2009 at 3:46 pm

the perspective on “with bacon” is off. it doesn’t follow the curvature of the can. compare the word “bacon” to the “e” in coke. it’s pretty obvious this is fake.

• 6 Ron Hyatt // Aug 23, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Definitely shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.