Illuminations series by Sydney-based artist Ilza Burchett

January 15th, 2008 · No Comments

Ilza Burchett“Illuminations” series. No. 1. Watercolour and encaustic on handmade paper.
33 cm x 48 cm

Ilza Burchett“Illuminations” series. No. 2. Watercolour and encaustic on handmade paper.
33 cm x 48 cm

Ilza Burchett“Illuminations” series. No. 3. Watercolour and encaustic on handmade paper.
33 cm x 48 cm

ilza“Illuminations” series. No. 4. Watercolour and encaustic on handmade paper.
33 cm x 48 cm

See more of her work at: http://www.ilzaburchett.com/

Posted by: kimberly phillips · Tags: artists

• 1 pet01 // Jul 29, 2008 at 3:56 am

Funny that there are no comments… as yet — how many blogs did get illuminated by picking this great art pieces in the past couple of months or so?
    But, we like the fact that people are passing the message on.
    Thank you for re-publishing this meaningful and beautiful images to the wider audience.
    Love & peace with much believe in humanity thinking, and eventually expressing…

• 2 thefunctionkey // Jul 29, 2008 at 9:48 am

I’m so glad that this post is finally seeing some hits, it was the first thing that I wrote about on this blog, and I like to think that it’s beauty inspired me to share my thoughts with others.

• 3 pet01 // Aug 2, 2008 at 12:06 pm

hmmm… that’s cool,,,

• 4 Ted Wilson // Aug 4, 2008 at 10:28 pm

I am familiar with Ilza’s work for many years and she is a very gifted artist. Her work inspires thought. These pieces are very much like the artist herself. Happy, ready with opinions, thoughtful, and foreward thinking. I have known Ilza and her artist/author husband George Burchett and their son Graham for a long time. All three are a powerful creative mechanism if ever there was one.

• 5 Uliana // Aug 12, 2008 at 2:36 pm

I am really glad to have the possibility to touch to these finest works, despite it happens through the modern technology and not personally as I would like to. The cool PC monitor can not diminish the warmth, the subtlety expressed by Ilza’s soul in these Illuminations series. Completeness and infinity. And most important – communicating, toching other people.
    Dear Ilze, follow your inner star!

• 6 chris downie // Aug 13, 2008 at 1:22 am